Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Someone told me I should...

...start a blog, because I love to write.

The fact is, I've never consider myself anything less than a spinner of yarns and tales, unbelievably true; just this side that ledge where if you allow your leg to be pulled, you may either fall deep into a canyon that may not keep you amused and just this side of laughter and tears,....or

...makes you just sit and think a while.

Actually, it wasn't a person, it was my future mother-in-law. Mind you, I've never been married before, and her being a Choctaw Princess and such, could sense my lack of royal blood right away. Her daughter on the other hand fell madly in love with my devilish charm and irreverent sense of humor. I literally charmed the pants off of her, although I'll categorically deny it, even though it's been written down here for all to see.

I thought this would be the appropriate time to start a blog, as I am currently writing two, ....yes two, not one, novels...simultaneously. Bear in mind, this is not a simple task for even the worthiest of wordsmiths and phrase slayers, yet I found myself compelled to do so. It fits in currently with the unfinished screen play, which I will film myself, when I can find some time, in between adding the finishing touches on a stage play that is near completion.

Some say writers need to pick a genre and stick with it.

(My cat is laying on top of my foot right now..asleep,... so I'm stuck in an awkward position of either waking him, which he will inevitably think it's time to eat again. Or, let him sleep, which is safer, because each time I move, he digs his claws in my supple, yet manly flesh)

I say jump in and write whatever pokes your pig.

As long as you have some experience with the subject mater, and have done the minimum research required to sound reasonably credible, then in today's modern, fast-paced, technocracy. (I just love this new technological revolution, and a shot hasn't even been fired yet, although millions of people have been taken prisoner)

I knew there would be trouble the minute I booted up my computer at the bank (former career) in 2001 and we were working with Windows 95. Needless to say, we've all seen the recent fallout from technological lag time vs. real time wants, desires, and needs. I'm not going to say it was planned that way, but I'm not going to categorically deny it either. Let's just say we were all duped, including myself. I left the Arms dealing industry, and headed towards the business integrity of banking in the mid-1990's. People always get a strange look on their face when you say "Arms dealer".

No, I'm not proud of those days, and it was just another life's experience that brought many a tale to be woven. Most of my clientele were either famous people or law enforcement people, which led to some interesting relationships based taste and trust.

Since I've given up on both industries as reliable sources of income, that may or may not place your bits and bobbles in harms way, when either career businesses are run in a deceitful manner,...I've decided to pursue my dreams (you know, those things you give up to make a honest living by working with dishonest people, who present themselves as honest people).

I'm not sure if having two degrees in Fine Art will help me in this new adventure. I do know, when applied to banking and Arms dealing, they made me quite a lot of money (as I am not afraid of making money), and it was not because I used them as a form of educational intimidation. Most of the things I've done, or the people that I've come in contact with have lead me this far in life, but my life is not over yet.

My days of banking though, sadly are over for good. Yet, for the life of me, I still cannot figure out why some errant Mexican Drug Cartel has not laid siege to one of the average banks across the border, killing everyone inside, and shoving them in a mass grave. The only reason I could ascertain was, some people are just too scummy to kill, and even drug dealers know when they are dealing with real scum.

And, although I still like to target shoot, I just don't have the heart to sell another weapon, based on the overall stupidity of current mankind. Some people need to just buy a damned dog and be done with it. Guns are not for the ignorant or irresponsible, but that doesn't stop them from buying them.

I was told a very long time ago, that if one wants to write, one has to live. Well, I've done some of that,...living stuff. So, I guess it's time to start sharing it with those afraid to leave their home and travel across country. You don't have to strap a rifle on your back to do it, but being affable and talky helps.

I may share a thought, a short story, a quip, a new word, or an errant idea.

It's up to you to determine whether or not it's worthy of your time. I wouldn't be a good judge of just how valuable your time is. I just started using twitter, and boy, I'm not really sure I can keep up with all the twits that tweet. Makes you wonder why they call it twitter and not tweeter? Really?

I'll keep you posted,...why hell, I may even share some of my FB irreverence, which I normally share with a small group of people who have come to both enjoy, and and at times, ignore me. 

MUSASHI aka 21CMT


No comments:

Post a Comment